Tuesday, September 17, 2013

No Thanks, Random Stranger.

You would think with all the articles and tidbits on the Internet, in magazines and hell, even in movies and televisions shows, a man would know how to write a proper, decent message to a woman.

Anyone over the age of 21 should know how to send a coherent, thoughtful message without sounding desperate, creepy and moronic.

But, what am I saying? These are dating sites we're talking about.

And the messages guys send are gems, really. I mean gems in the most sarcastic way imaginable.

For example:


  • While I did mention that I happen to have a food allergy, I don't need some random dude to make sure I don't eat any. I can do that myself, thanks. Unless... you meant your nuts... and even then, I still wouldn't eat them. That's just creepy.
  • If what you actually meant was you like to find random girls on your long drives out of town, then no thanks. 
  • I know plenty of girls who have more girls as friends, so that statement is null.
  • NO, we don't need to play a game of pool, I'd most likely kick your ass at darts so screw the "may", and I really don't want to sip on a drink with some dude who wants to take me on a ride on his "motorcycle," if that's what people are calling it these days. 
Yeah, no real structure, substance and it was just awkward and creepy. While I usually try to be friendly to everyone who sends me a message, I just couldn't muster up the energy to bother with this one. 

Believe me when I say that I have plenty more where that came from. - A

No comments:

Post a Comment