Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Full Of Something That Isn't The Spirit

Foreword:  

Sometimes when you're reading a profile you overlook things because you are interested in them overall or just don't think it's a big deal. I am here to tell you that you should NOT ignore that. People are putting their flaws up them for you to judge them, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Take their (conscious or subconscious) help.

As a side note, sometimes I will add commentary in the body of the conversation, letting you know what I thought at that moment. It will be in red. -S

Meat & Potatoes:

Mr. Defensive:  Hi :-)  I read your profile and I am interested in communicating with you.  Let me know if you are interested and feel free to ask me anything you want to know.  Hope to hear from you!


Me:  Hi!  I read your profile, and it seems that you’re super religious.  I am not.  I also saw in your questions, that you won’t ever date someone who has had homosexual sex.  Being bisexual, means that I have.  Also, I am very much not a virgin.  Just curious as to why you decided to message me, as I don’t feel like I’m what you’re looking for.  Thanks!


Mr. Defensive:  Super religious?  Just because I believe in God and like church doesn’t mean I’m a psycho hun.  And, opinions change.  If I messaged you, that means I READ your profile and am INTERESTED.  But, I don’t want a judgmental person with an attitude anyway.  You are right, you aren’t what I’m looking for. (Oh, no he DID-N’T….I was being nice, but fuck that now)


Me:  Let me begin by saying that I did not at any point call you a psycho, or a bible thumper etc. I just pointed out things that I noticed in your profile and asked you about it. You are the one who jumped to conclusions and I add, got very defensive. So far, you are the one with the 'attitude' and who is being hostile, including a snarky reply complete with shouting.


Just some food for thought, these dating websites are set up for people to be judgmental. You put all the information out there, answer questions, and should expect to be judged based on what you put out there. If circumstances or opinions change, update it. Your profile is not set in stone. Those of us looking at your profile are not mind readers and the information you provide is all they have to go on. Obviously, if I read your profile and decided to ask for clarification you should have realized that if I didn't want to know I would have just ignored you or just said no thanks. So, all of that being said, I do remember you saying that you don't like hyper-logical people. There is apparently a reason for that, which I can only deduce is because you have the inability to logically look at things and not let your emotions color things in a way they were not intended. I was right in the first place, we are clearly not meant for each other. I do however, wish you the best of luck in your efforts to find someone that fits you. Please don't message me again.


Mr. Defensive:  If you don't like what I am, you shouldn't have messaged me in the first place. Go find a sisterboy.  You didn’t have to reply. (What the FUCK is a 'sisterboy'?!)


Me:  I never said that I hated who you are or said anything even remotely of that manner. I was asking for clarification for things that didn't make sense based on the information you have provided. Again, no I didn't have to reply but I did. Your reaction to my inquiries told me exactly what I needed to know and more. I have expressed everything I have to say on this matter. Have a nice life and I really do hope that you find someone who fits you.​


Mr. Defensive:  You didn’t have to reply.

Three weeks later, rated my profile 4 out of 5 stars….o.O

Reflection: 

Things I learned from this experience:

1- I asked myself "What the HELL is a 'sisterboy'?!" Well, the answer is a boy, that you have a relationship with that's like having a sister. So, because I wasn't interested in him, I was looking for a sisterboy? Uhm, I already have a bunch of gay men who function that way in my life.... Was he trying to tell me to go be a fag hag or a fruit fly without actually trying to seem homophobic? I have no idea, but I learned a new word thanks to him.

2- If someone's profile has them getting defensive about an aspect of themselves then they are super touchy about it and I should NOT overlook it.

3- Apparently, I get a lot of virgins who think that I can show them the 'ropes' or whatever.

4- People often lie about what is in their profile because they know that others can see it. I knew that happened, but I didn't really take the time to think about how hypocritical people can be. At least the guys trolling for ass who leave their profile blank are being honest in a way. You know what they're after lol

No comments:

Post a Comment